Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Books mentioned @ December Book Club

 The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin

 Eats, Shoots and Leaves by Lynne Truss

 Embraced by the Light by Betty Eadie

 Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

 Prey by Michael Crichton

 The Professor and the Madman by Simon Winchester

 A Redbird Christmas by Fannie Flagg

Sorcery and Cecelia, or, The enchanted chocolate pot: being the correspondence of two young ladies by Patricia C. Wrede* and Caroline Stevermer 

The Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner (The Thief, The Queen of Attolia, The King of Attolia, A Conspiracy of Kings)


(*Lynnette mentioned that Patricia Wrede has a new western fantasy series that is good - Across the Great Barrier?)

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure who mentioned Lovely Bones, and I don't want to offend anyone, but I would advise people to stay away from it because of graphic sexual abuse and sexual content. Someone recommended it to me a year or two ago and I had no idea what it was about, so I gave it a try and was really bothered by it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Elena, that is good to know!

    ReplyDelete