Friday, May 28, 2010

May recipes

Michelle had such yummy food at our book club the other tonight and I asked for her recipes.
I figured I'd better share them!

Black Bean and Corn Salsa
(I just kind of dumped stuff in, so I'm not sure of amounts. Here's my best guess)
1 can black beans
1 can corn (or fresh corn if you've got it)
3 tomatoes, diced
2 tomatillos, diced (I happened to have them this time, but I've made it lots of times without)
4-5 green onions, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
bunch of cilantro, chopped
4-5 drops chipotle flavored Tabasco (or more)
Mix it all together and let it chill before serving.

...
Fruit Pizza
Crust:  1 pkg refrigerated sugar cookie dough 
Press into 12 in. pizza pan or 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 16 to 20 minutes.  Let cool completely before adding sauce.
Sauce: 1 8oz pkg cream cheese
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tsp vanilla
Mix well and spread over cooled crust.  (I didn't use all of it, maybe 2/3 or so)
Top with strawberries, kiwi, pineapple, mandarin oranges, or whatever else you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment